What is FLAT
FLAT stands for Flexible Language Analysis Tool, and is a
multipurpose interactive tool for developing NLP systems and/or training
FLAT includes the following programs:
And sample patent domain knowledge:
- Lexicon Creator,
- Tagger (look-up and disambiguation)
- Interactive Tag Disambiguation Interpreter,
- FLAT Control (an invisible Active X Control, based on the MFC library) for
integration with a foreign application,
- Patent domain Lexicon
- Rules for Tag Disambiguation.
- can be used for any language based on ANSI character set without
- can easily be integrated in any NLP application, by thus dramatically
reducing the complexity and costs of producing multilingual applications.
- is equipped with control and interactive interfaces for updating
linguistic knowledge and tracing processing steps and does not require
programming skills to create and experiment with different depths (and sizes)
of lexical and grammatical knowledge.